Electronic Record for Intensive Care (eRIC)
What is eRIC ?
eHealth NSW’s Electronic Record for Intensive Care (eRIC) is a state-of-the-art clinical information system which improves the safety and quality of care offered to critically ill patients in Intensive Care Units (ICUs). eRIC integrates patient data every minute from multiple systems and devices, supporting better clinical decision-making.
How does it support patient care?
ICUs are highly pressurised environments and the most data-intensive part of any hospital. Eliminating the numerous, time-consuming paper forms required to monitor critically ill patients, eRIC is improving patient safety.
Issues that have plagued paper-based systems for years – such as illegible handwriting, patient confidentiality, misplaced notes, limited accessibility of patient information and transcription errors – have been resolved by this electronic system.
Where is eRIC improving patient care?
The Electronic Record for Intensive Care is now live at:
- Port Macquarie Base Hospital
- St George Hospital
- Coffs Harbour Health Campus
- The Tweed Hospital
- Prince of Wales Hospital
- Lismore Base Hospital
- Grafton Base Hospital
- Blacktown Hospital
- Sutherland Hospital
- John Hunter Hospital
- Wollongong Hospital
- Maitland Hospital
- Royal North Shore Hospital
- Calvary Mater Newcastle Hospital
- Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital
- Shoalhaven District Memorial Hospital
- Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital
- Wyong Hospital
- Gosford Hospital
- St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney
- Westmead Hospital
Keep up to date with the latest eRIC news and subscribe to the eRIC bi-monthly newsletter.
For more information about the eRIC Program, please contact: EHNSW-eRIC@health.nsw.gov.au.
Read about the eRIC go-lives that have taken place across the state:
- Enhancing patient care in Central Coast LHD
- Calvary Mater Newcastle Hospital improves patient care with eRIC
- Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital improves ICU patient care with new clinical information system
- Royal North Shore Hospital improves ICU patient care with new clinical information system
- Enhancing ICU patient care and safety at Tamworth Hospital
- Enhancing ICU patient care at Shoalhaven District Memorial Hospital
- eRIC enhances ICU integrated patient care at The Maitland Hospital
- Electronic Record for Intensive Care improving care at Wollongong Hospital
- John Hunter Hospital enhances ICU patient care with eRIC
- Sutherland Hospital improves access to ICU patient information with eRIC
- Improving patient safety at Prince of Wales ICUs
- eRIC live at Tweed and Lismore
- Coffs Harbour Health Campus live with eRIC
- First metro hospital deploys eRIC
- Blacktown Hospital welcomes eRIC
- eRIC is now live at Port Macquarie
Watch how the eRIC system was developed through consultation and collaboration with more than 100 clinicians from across the state.
Hear from hospital directors around NSW on why an electronic system is invaluable in ICUs.Back to the top of this page