eHealth NSW provides statewide shared Information and Communication Technology (ICT) services on behalf of NSW Health to support the delivery of patient care in an innovative and cost effective way.
eHealth NSW ICT continues to support statewide clinical, corporate and infrastructure programs to enable:
- A common statewide Electronic Medical Records (eMR) capability that supports the majority of clinical specialties and provides clinical outcome reporting
- A common statewide Electronic Medications Management (EMM) system that supports clinical decision making, and is integrated with bedside devices and the National eHealth Records (NeHR) also known as the Personally Controlled Electronic Health Record (PCEHR)
- A resilient, secure and scalable network and data centre infrastructure allowing statewide clinician collaboration
- Support of priority programs in areas such as chronic disease management, conferencing and collaboration and activity based funding
- A range of service delivery improvements and implementation of service delivery models in consultation with Local Health Districts (LHDs) and other Health Agencies which address areas of greatest need.