Introduction to the
State Wide Service Desk
The SWSD operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide first-level IT support to NSW Health staff including clinicians.
Each month, the SWSD responds to approximately:
- 44,500 calls
- 15,000 tickets submitted through SARA.
NSW Health employees can contact the SWSD for assistance on 1300 28 55 33 or raise a request on SARA.
The SWSD supports more than 400 corporate and clinical applications and assists with IT related issues and requests. As the first point of contact, SWSD agents provide first-level technical support to deliver and restore services. Issues that require further assistance are escalated and assigned to specialist support teams within eHealth NSW and other NSW Health entities. Our services include:
- 24/7 online and telephone support for IT related issues
- First-level technical support (which accounts for approximately 70% of issues, e.g. password reset, application installations etc)
- Escalation of issues to specialist support teams
- Enabling access to corporate and clinical applications
- Facilitating the IT onboarding of new staff.
Benefits of SWSD
- A centralised first point of contact for IT related issues and requests
- Can be contacted by phone or online, 24 hours a day
- Tickets can be tracked and updated online through SARA.
The role we play for NSW Health
The SWSD delivers professional and high-quality support for NSW Health staff using over 400 IT systems and applications.
We manage a broad range of IT related queries from resolving issues with statewide systems, to enabling access to applications, and providing support for IT equipment such as laptops.