Performance and talent system for staff
The Performance and Talent (PAT) system is a new way for NSW Health staff to record performance and career development goals and capture performance reviews. It is designed to support the performance and development conversations and provide staff with improved ways to document their goals and capture performance reviews.
PAT enables NSW Health staff to record and store performance information online. It allows sharing of goals making it easier to ensure everyone is working towards NSW Health strategic and organisational outcomes. Because PAT is integrated with StaffLink, key personal and employment information is pre-populated, and the workflows between managers and their direct reports are automated.
PAT doesn’t replace the performance and talent development conversations between managers and staff, but it does support them. Having an online record makes it easier for staff to focus on their performance goals and reviews throughout the year, not ‘just’ during the performance review cycle. It also makes preparing for and following up on performance meetings easier and more effective.
Check out this video (3:47) to find out more
Benefits of using PAT
- PAT is integrated with StaffLink so all relevant information is pre-populated in PAT and StaffLink doesn’t need to be manually updated at the end of each performance review period.
- Gives access to NSW Health organisational charts, find out who fits where.
- Available online, no more losing paper forms.
- Allows easy alignment of individual, team and organisational goals.
- Inbuilt workflow so you can create, submit and have goals approved all within PAT.
- Simple-to-use and can be accessed from outside NSW Health network or intranet.
- Accessible from mobiles, tablets and laptops, so you can use it on-the-go.
Log in to PAT
If PAT has been implemented within your health organisation, click on the button below and log in using your StaffLink details. If it hasn’t, PAT should be available in the next few months, please contact your local Director of Workforce.
The StaffLink Human Capital Management (HCM) system holds NSW Health employee personal information, such as your name and other personal and employment details, and your performance and development records. NSW Health is required to comply with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 in the handling of this personal information.
Access to personal information
Information held in StaffLink HCM may be accessed by your managers and Human Resources staff in each NSW Health entity. Access is only permitted for authorised purposes.
Your information held in StaffLink HCM may also be available to authorised staff in other NSW Health organisations when appropriate. If you are employed by another NSW Health organisation in the future, the information may be accessed by your managers and the Human Resources staff of that organisation for authorised purposes.
You have a right of access to your personal information held in StaffLink HCM, and to request the correction of any inaccurate personal information.
Use and disclosure of personal information
NSW Health uses your personal information for managing processes associated with your employment relationship with NSW Health and our general human resources management and planning functions, including:
- Recruitment, staff development and training
- Payroll, rostering, deployment and associated processes
- Risk analysis and management, benchmarking, reporting, research, evaluation and analysis, and quality assurance activities directly related to the NSW Health workforce
- Workforce strategic planning, skills analysis and the monitoring and analysis of secondary employment of NSW Health staff to inform resource planning and redeployment options
- Data analysis to develop and improve human capital services and activities
- Auditing, reporting, research, evaluation and analysis where it is directly related to employment in NSW Health
- Sharing relevant organisational and employment data with other NSW Health systems used in human resource management and planning
- Informing staff about benefits and opportunities, for example employment and career opportunities, learning and development, diversity and inclusion programs, and other opportunities available to employees including dissemination of news and information directly related to employment.
NSW Health takes reasonable steps to verify information collected to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which the information is proposed to be used, the information is relevant, accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading. Information on your StaffLink HCM records may not always be validated or approved when first collected, however may be reviewed and validated at the time of utilising the information if it is reasonable to do so, for example, to confirm the accuracy of a particular skill or qualification added to your profile not directly related to your current role.
Your personal information may be disclosed to our service providers and contractors where necessary to support the uses outlined above for purposes directly related to the management and planning of the NSW Health workforce.
NSW Health may also disclose your personal information where authorised or required to do so by law, including:
- in response to a subpoena, summons, search warrant, or court orders
- to a law enforcement agency if there are reasonable grounds to believe that an offence has or may have been committed
- for purposes required by child protection, taxation and employment legislation
- where the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of you or another person.
Who Can I Contact?
If you are experiencing difficulties logging into PAT please contact the Statewide Service Desk on 1300 28 55 33. For all other enquiries regarding PAT contact your local HR/Workforce Team.Back to the top of this page