End of Life Care Project
The vision of eHealth NSW’s End of Life Care project is to design and implement electronic medical record (eMR) capabilities to support NSW Health clinicians in meeting the changing needs of patients and their families throughout end of life care.
The clinical solution design is governed by the End of Life Care Design Working Group, which has delegated authority for design decisions.
The project is currently in the design phase for the following functionality within the eMR:
- Specialist palliative care consult (In Progress)
- Specialist palliative care consult request (In Progress)
- Clinical assessment tools used in palliative care (In Progress)
- A service-wide view of all patients receiving palliative care
- Outcome reporting
- Integration of existing Advanced Care Planning functionality
- Notifications to palliative care teams when known patients are admitted and discharged
For more information about the End of Life Care project and the design phase activities underway, contact Richard Pannett (email@example.com) or Claire Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org).Back to the top of this page