The eHealth Executive Council is the peak Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Committee for NSW Health and is responsible for setting eHealth strategy, advising on eHealth policy and standards, monitoring eHealth performance and ensuring effective eHealth project delivery within a whole of NSW Health context.
The Council will build on current areas of strength, and will have a role in supporting innovation and appropriate clinician involvement in eHealth strategy and in facilitating the operation of a federated model for eHealth.
The Council is responsible for setting overall statewide strategic direction while also liaising with the NSW Government ICT Board on whole of government initiatives.
The core membership of the eHealth Executive Council includes:
- Secretary, NSW Health (Chair)
- Chief Executive and Chief Information Officer, eHealth NSW
- Chief Clinical Information Officer, eHealth NSW
- Deputy Secretary, Strategy and Resources, Ministry of Health
- Deputy Secretary, Governance Workforce and Corporate, Ministry of Health
- Two Metropolitan Local Health District (LHD)/Specialty Health Network (SHN) Chief Executive Officers (Rotating annually)
- Two Rural LHD Chief Executives (Rotating annually)
- Chief Executive, HealthShare NSW
- Chief Executive, Clinical Excellence Commission
- Chief Executive, Agency for Clinical Innovation
- Chief Financial Officer, Ministry of Health.
The Council will be supported by a widely representative eHealth Architecture Executive with representation from Local Health Districts and eHealth users to provide statewide technical direction to guide decision-marking on eHealth investments.
To ensure our statewide vision is responsive to local issues and demands, LHDs will also establish eHealth governance structures to both engage clinicians and connect with eHealth NSW.